This advanced diagnostic tool for optical fibers allows the Fiber Engineer to take a snapshot of a fiber link. The OTDR sends short pulses of light down one end of a fiber at a specified repetition rate.
This advanced diagnostic tool for optical fibers allows the Fiber Engineer to take a snapshot of a fiber link. The OTDR sends short pulses of light down one end of a fiber at a specified repetition rate. Light reflected back from fiber discontinuities and light continuously back scattered from the fiber itself travels back to the OTDR, where the instrument records the optical power and arrival time. The arrival time of the pulse from a given point in the fiber is related to its distance from the OTDR. With this information, the OTDR graphically displays returned power versus distance. OTDRs are well-equipped for troubleshooting problems because they allow you to visually locate reflective events like connections and fiber breaks and non-reflective events like splices and tight bends by studying the graphical trace. The power difference between two points on the trace is an
estimate of optical loss.
• Automatic one-button testing
• Easy to operate for beginners and experts
• Integrated PALM design, small, light, easy to carry
• Short dead zone(8m)
• High speed signal processing, short test time and fast analysis
• Internal memory can store up to 10000 waveforms
• USB port connect to PC
• Input laser signal auto detection and self-protection function
• Built-in VFL
• User-friendly OTDR simulation software shows details of events
• High contrast colour TFT LCD
• Improved waveform quality